If you have a competitive soul and are hungry for extraordinary experiences, try to complete an obstacle course. This type of race can be very challenging, it’s an activity you can do either with a group of friends in a team or alone.
These are the top 10 benefits of completing an obstacle course:
1. Strengthen the heart: your heart will appreciate the exercise. The more blood your heart pumps, the stronger it will be and the better your blood flow will be. If you have a strong heart, that means less disease, especially heart disease.
2. Get in shape: The intense physical activity and strength you apply to each obstacle will cause you to burn a lot of calories, burn fat and lose weight. If you’re bored with flat races and need something fun, try the obstacle courses.
3. Fight stress: obstacle courses will help you emotionally, clear your mind and you will face a different challenge that will require a lot of determination and effort. When you cross the finish line you will believe us.
4. Fortify your bones: With approximately 10 minutes of being outdoors, the sun activates vitamin D in your body, which is what makes your bones dense and strong. In addition, high-impact exercise stimulates increased bone mass so that the body is prepared for future impacts.
5. Build strength and endurance: these types of races will test your strength skills and force you to overcome your physical limits. You will be able to complete more and more demanding races and continue challenging your body.
6. Improve balance and coordination: throughout the race, all the runners are trying not to fall or stumble by maintaining their balance with each obstacle. You will have to coordinate all parts of your body, muscles and senses at the same time.
7. Strengthen the brain: before the race, you must not only be prepared physically, but also mentally. Your brain will be programmed with only one objective: To finish the race!
8. You will win friends: if you decide to run as a team, not only will you have fun with your friends, you will also find runners willing to give you a hand at every obstacle and encourage you. In spite of being a competitive race, the participants always help each other until the end.
9.Motivation : Whatever your goal, passing the race will give you confidence in yourself. You will know that you can achieve a career and go for more.
10. Fun: you will undertake a new adventure full of mud and obstacles that at the end will leave you with a big smile resulting from the intense pain, but at the same time of the race that will change your life.